Since the start of our business in 2004, we have been looking for the way to ensure maximum results for our trainees and their organizations. Trainings with professional consultants are engaging and practical, however, once participants are emerged in their regular routine and large workload, old habits prevail. On the other hand, e learning or distance training is a comfortable way to learn at the most convenient time and pace.
However, e learning is not the most attractive means of learning, especially amongst participants themselves.
Participants claim that distant learning often gets boring, it lacks the opportunity to build new relations with other participants and learn from each other as well as to ask relevant questions when they arise.
GRAND PARTNERS proudly offers 3 solutions that combine the main advantages of both face-to-face and e learning.
Training with an Expert + Distant Learning = Blended Learning.
Blended Learning is by far the most effective means of learning. If you take some aspects of face-to-face training and enrich them with the advantages of e learning, you get the most effective mix geared toward the needs of a trainee and their organization.
All training academies at GRAND PARTNERS are designed as blended learning programs. They are praised by participants and their management for the results that are delivered.
Blended Learning Process:
- Ideally, the process begins with assessing the current situation among the participants and/or their organization. It can be a training needs assessment and an in-depth interview held by an expert. This step is determined by the needs within the organization and can be held face-to-face or on-line.
- The most sensitive parts of training, geared toward changing old habits and attitudes, is conducted with highly experienced consultants, who can flexibly adapt to the needs of participants. Our goal is to help the whole group or individual to make a transition faster and adapt to change in the most effective manner.
- Distant learning takes place between trainings with the consultant. Participants can complete various tasks that usually encourage them to apply what they have learnt at their work place, at a time and pace that are most convenient for them. They also receive additional information in video, audio or written form. They get a chance to clarify things with the consultant via an on-line forum or during the next training.
- Very often distant learning also includes working in pairs or larger groups with other participants in order to complete some tasks between trainings.
- When it is possible, we always encourage managers to also get involved as much as possible. When participants know that their managers also care, they are way more motivated and engaged. We provide the managers with tools and methods to be most effective in the training process.
Even though we are true believers in blended learning, we understand that there are situations when it is not possible. In those cases effective e-trainings may be a great alternative.
What kind of e-training is truly effective?
The Quality of E-Trainings = (Content + Form) x 101 Significant Details
Instructional Designers are professionals, who are trained to turn any kind of information into training material. They have the knowledge of how people learn and what motivates them to complete various training courses. With this knowledge and some specific tools they can turn any material into engaging training.
Effective content is relevant, interesting and useful for the participant.
E-trainings are often thought to be some kind of video, where the consultant is talking about some subject as if he was delivering that information to a group of participants face-to-face. Unfortunately, this is one of the less effective kinds of training.
Effective form of e-training is different training material in video, audio or text format as well as various tasks and tests that encourage understanding and learning. It is also various games and simulations that allow participants to try their knowledge in various situations.
- Learning Management System.
There are a few learning management systems and many various modifications in the world. After many years of searching and studying, we have finally selected TOTARA LMS that has satisfied every need that we have – beginning with managing groups of participants to uploading and sharing training content in the most convenient manner for us as well as our Clients.
E-trainings are most effective in those areas:
- Where high employee turnover exists;
- Where rapid change and innovation takes place (e.g. new equipment, new rules of conduct, etc.);
- Where it is important that everyone has the exact same information (e.g. new and significant policy in a company).
The most popular e-training at GRAND PARTNERS is – employee on-boarding.
Distant learning that is designed according to a specific Client’s needs is the most effective solution.
Very often in businesses that have an effective competency model where everyone knows what competencies each employee must have, the need to develop those competencies arises more often than there is a chance to have a group of participants for a face-to-face training with a consultant.
For example, if a company just had a half a year program for first time managers and two employees have already changed, when do they have a chance to learn the same things that is expected from them?
If a company has a team of internal trainers, most likely they become responsible for delivering training for those new managers. Although this may be fairly attractive for the participants, such training is extremely expensive for their organization.
If it is important that all employees have the right competencies, knowledge or information when the need arises, custom made e-trainings may be the best solution for you.
We partner with TALENTATOR – a team of professionals, delivering top-quality e learning tools from idea to effective tools that work.